Halloween Safety Tips For Kids and Adults
Halloween should be a fun-filled day for kids who love trick-or-treating, classroom parties and haunted houses. For parents, making sure kids stay safe is a top priority especially when children venture into the dark streets.
To help keep your kids safe I have assembled a list of Halloween Safety Tips below.
- All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant
- Avoid masks, which can obstruct vision
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, or give them glow sticks
- When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is nontoxic and always test it in a small area first
- Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritation
Trick-or-Treating and Pedestrian Safety
- A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you
- Agree on a specific time children should return home
- Teach your children never to enter a stranger’s home or car
- Instruct children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street
Safety Tips for Motorists
- Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully
- At twilight and later in the evening, watch for children in dark clothing
- Discourage new, inexperienced drivers from driving on Halloween
Finally, it looks like it’s going to be a cold Halloween night here in Broomfield. Make sure to stay warm out there. Happy Halloween everyone!
How Can I Help You With Your Broomfield Real Estate Needs?
You May Be Wondering… What is My Home Worth?
Do you wonder what your home is worth in the current market? Do you desire a specific Property Valuation Report that I routinely prepare for my clients? Please contact me.
For questions regarding the Broomfield Real Estate Market in general contact:
Realtor® | Real Estate Negotiation Specialist
Global Luxury Property Specialist